Monday, November 23, 2009

Tree Trimming

Today I'm going to trim our Florida tree for the holidays.. Now that Thanksgiving is the new Christmas, I think it is more than appropriate. I have copper colored tree ornaments with some blue accents, but there is also the traditional green and red around here too. It goes with the rest of our living room decor.

This is Thanksgiving week and it is special to me. My mom always made the most fabulous dinner for our family and however else may have been coming "home" on that day. She made wonderful apple pies, stuffed dates rolled in powdered sugar, figs, mashed potatoes and super wonderful gravy. These are only the highlights..

I hope your Thanksgiving Day is just the way you want it to be however you celebrate. I will be spending the day being thankful for my family and all the really fun times we have had this year. I'll be missing others who are not here with us any more, but always in our hearts..

1 comment:

Pat said...

Lizzy, hope you & your family have a beautiful, Thanksgiving. Your tree sound great.