Monday, January 23, 2012

Quilt is done and going for quilting!

OK, so it took me a very long time to complete this quilt top. OK, so it didn't look exactly like I wanted it to. I am still thrilled that it is done as far as the sewing is concerned. I hand appliqued the motifs and also machine embroidered the blanket stitch around them.  I only ironed on the finishing embellishments in the centers of the main motifs. Most of the intersecting squares match up pretty well. I am having it quilted in a all over pattern in a dark cream thread the binding will match the yellow center squares.

This is for our granddaughter and I hope she will love it and use it. I plan on washing it before I give it to her, and that it will get that old puckered look. OK, so it is a learning experience. Each one I make will be a learning experience that I may share with you. Thanks for looking

No comments: