Friday, January 11, 2013

A finish for a quilt, "Quilted Village"

This is a quilt top I'm currently working on. It is BOM that I started many, many years ago. Last summer I did the center, which is supposed to represent the town square. I have chosen the two fabics that are shown on the edges of the center they are supposed to be the sidewalk. Who knew. Right now I'm working on the embroidery all around the the housed. Flowers trees and birds. Well wish me luck I get discouraged when I have so much to do on a project, but I'm trying to pace my self and get it quilted by the time we go back North.. late March I think this year.
If anyone reading this has done this quilt, I would love to hear from you. Please consider commenting or emailing me. Name of quilt, "Quilted Village" by the City Stitcher. Thanks so much for looking, and stay warm and safe.

6 comments:

Friendship Crossing said...

Hi,
I came over from Marlene's neighborhood blog party. Love your house block quilt - it's beautiful!

Hugs,
Tanya

Ray and Jeanne said...

Your quilt is beautiful. Looks like a lot of work with the embroidery- it will look gorgeous! ~Jeanne

Debra @ Life is a Stitch said...

I have the pattern from a friend - she is finishing her embroidery.
What questions do you have about Town Square?
Looks like you are doing a grand job
in building your village :)

StitchinByTheLake said...

This quilt is going to be stunning when you finish - I know I often reach a spot when I'm a bit discouraged thinking I never will get finished but think of how beautiful it's going to be. That should keep you going! blessings, marlene

Pamela said...

Visiting via Stitchin by the Lake...love your Quilted Village so far. Looking forward to seeing how it ends up.

Stitches said...

I am ready to bind this quilt and hopefully get it done next week. I have been working on the quilt for several years now. My sister quilted it for me and I just picked it up on Wednesday. She did an awesome job!!
I will be posting it on my blog when I have it bound. It really came out wonderful but many hours of work...Your looks like it is coming along great..I want to see it when it's done..
http://stitchesscrapsandtidbits.blogspot.com