Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thanksgiving thoughts, new "old" cross stitch

 Here are my newest friends.  Bought recently on an antiques adventure. Anna Lee Mobility dolls. These are older ones, made in the USA.
 So darn cute and just the right size to move around anywhere you could want to put them.
 Newest cross stitch start.  As you can see the chart is a very old one from "Just Cross Stitch" magazine.  I have been holding on to this one forever.  Now that we have given up our home, the saying, "For where your treasure is there will your heart be also".  Naturally you can insert your own treasures, human or otherwise.  I believe that the heart does vary from day to day and season to season.  I let it speak to me in the way I want it to.  Have any of you stitchers done this one. If so let me know what you think.
The colors are pretty true. I'm using DMC and have changed a couple.  The fabric is a linen that has been mottled for an older effect.. I'm going to spare no expense on the frame for this one.  Thanks for looking in and I hope you are enjoying good weather and good times.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Beautiful older sampler! happy stitching...