Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 The first finish and the first dessert.

 I fixed this for our take along to New Year's dinner at a friends house.  Just the simplest filled angel food cake.  The filling is cool whip and crushed strawberries and then layered with sliced berries. Frosted with plain cool whip and slices whole berries.  It is light and did taste good after pork and sauerkraut.
 I've decided to do one of the PS Santas each month in the coming year.  This is the first one.  He is holding a little tree and a new sled for a good boy or girl.  It was fun to do, but I'll do the others on some kind of linen or other fabric.  I used the called for colors by DMC. 
I am also going to do a Mary Beale angel each month and I'll show you that next time.  I plan on using linen, have started one on Confederate grey and so far I like it.  Ill do all the stitching and then do most of the finishing at the same time.


I hope to take pictures of all the finishes I'm planning in 2014 tomorrow and will post them soon.

Please stay safe and warm wherever you are and thanks for stopping by.

Lizzy

No comments: