Sunday, September 28, 2014

Birthday Wishes for my Husband

 Today is my husband Phil's 70th Birthday.  It has been a wonderful journey that we have been on.  He is a terrific man, a super father and has always made me feel like a queen.  We have been together for a long time, since high school.  We are the cliché' childhood sweethearts.  I'm so glad we are.
 Phil, his mother Bettie and me in 1965 before he was off to serve 2 years in the US Army including a year in Viet Nam. I was always very proud he did his duty, but still it was a very long wait until he returned.. We were engaged before he returned and married in the fall of '66.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday to your husband. What a lovely birthday tribute to him too ... he looked very smart in his uniform. Elizabeth xx

Rita said...

Happy Birthday to your lovely husband Lizzy. We too were childhood sweethearts and have been married for over 56years. Hugs Rita xxx